Taking care of your information
Please read this policy carefully; by providing us with your personal information, you consent to the collection and use of any information you provide in accordance with this policy.
Occasionally, we may make changes to this policy so do remember to check back from time to time.
If you have any questions on this policy, please call our Customer Care Team on 0333 202 0651 between 10am and 4pm, Monday to Thursday (excluding Bank Holidays) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who we are
Puzzle Digest Limited is a publishing company registered in the UK (Company No.: 8820668). Trading address: First Floor, 4 Pickersgill Court, Quay West, Sunderland, SR5 2AQ.
How we collect information
Information is critical to ensure that we deliver our products and prize to the correct and relevant people. It helps us operate as efficiently as possible and to make sure our interactions with you are timely, relevant and tailored for you. To do this, we may collect information about you in the following ways:
- When you interact with us such as when you enter a prize draw or win a prize. Sometimes you might be interacting with an organisation working on our behalf, but we are still responsible for your information.
- When you interact with third parties such as when you enter a prize draw via a third-party website or telephone survey and give your permission for your information to be shared with us. Similarly, if you engage with us on social media and messaging services like Facebook, Instagram, YouTube or Twitter you might give us permission to access information from those accounts. The data we are given access to by social media services will vary but will always be in line with the Terms of that particular service.
- When you visit our website, we may gather information, such as which pages you visit or how long you spend reading a particular page. This data helps us to improve your online experience, for example by adding new features, or removing elements that make the website difficult to use. We may also use data and insights to help inform the choice of words and images that appear on the site, in order to improve visitors’ response to our campaigns.
- From other information that is available to the public to help us understand more about you and ensure our communications are tailored to you. To do this, we may use information from publicly available sources such as Companies House, or information published in the media, as well as that which is commercially available through third party subscriptions. By understanding more about you, and how you might be interested in supporting us, means we can help make our communications as cost effective as possible.
What information we collect
Depending on how you interact with us, the information that we collect may include your name, postal address, email address, date of birth, telephone or mobile number and bank details.
We may also collect information about the prize draws you enter, the prizes you win and the products which you may be interested in or sign-up to, and details from any interactions with our Customer Care Team.
We do this to make sure our communications to you are appropriate and tailored – something we know means a lot to our customers.
How we use your information
We will ask for your consent before we use your information for certain purposes, such as sending you emails, direct mail or calling you by telephone to confirm entry into a prize draw or to discuss our other prize draws and puzzle products.
We may also use your information where we have a ‘legitimate interest’ as detailed in Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR in order to carry out our business activities, examples include:
- To provide you with the services, products or information you have requested, or that we feel would be of interest to you, and reasonably expected by you.
- To process your payments and verify financial transactions.
- To process orders, deliver products and communicate with you about orders such as our Puzzle Digest magazine or your entry into a particular prize draw.
- To provide updates and discuss our future products and prize draws, that we feel would be of legitimate interest.
- For administrative purposes, for example to contact you with a query about a prize draw entry or where you have contacted our Customer Care Team.
- To keep a record of your relationship with us.
- To ask you to participate in surveys or research.
- To analyse the personal information we collect about you alongside publicly available information to better understand you and ensure our communications are tailored to you.
- To analyse and improve our website, services, products or information.
- To understand our customers better and develop audience propositions.
So we can let you know about the latest puzzle products and prize draws and share with you how else you can help, we may contact you by email, direct mail or by telephone.
You can opt-out of receiving any contact at any time simply by getting in touch with our Customer Care Team or by calling 0333 202 0654 (please allow 14 days for this to take effect).
When you enter information into a form on our website and start but don’t complete a form, make an entry or complete a purchase we may contact you by email, direct mail or by telephone to check and see if there is any help we can give or any problems you encountered.
Who we share your information with
We may share your information with suppliers to allow them to perform services on our behalf such as payment processing via Barclays or delivery of a purchased product. These partners will only act under our instruction and will not use your information for their own purposes/
We always have contracts in place with our suppliers, which require them to comply with UK’s law on data protection and to have systems and processes to protect the security of your information. We promise to always keep your details safe and we’ll never sell or swap your information with any other organisation.
We may provide your email address or mobile phone number to digital advertising or social media companies who work on our behalf, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube. This is so we can reach you and others like you with our latest news and information about our prize draws and puzzle products. This data is always provided in an encrypted format and is deleted immediately after use.
If you don’t want to see targeted advertising from us on social media, please refer to the instructions provided by the website or app, for example on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Google.
We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of Puzzle Digest Limited, our websites or our visitors and for other lawful purposes.
Some examples of the organisations with which we may share your data:
Product and direct mail dispatch
- WDM (Washington Direct Mail)
- Royal Mail
Our social media partners
- Barclays PLC
- Database provision:
- BCH Digital
- Dynamic Data Services
How we keep your information safe
We make sure that appropriate physical, technical and human controls are in place to ensure we take good care of your information.
However, the transmission of information over the internet is never completely secure and as a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, Puzzle Digest Limited cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
Once we receive your data, we make every effort to try to ensure its security both on our systems and while in transit between our systems and our partners who work on our behalf.
All staff who have access to your personal data understand the importance of keeping your information safe and secure at all times and are given training to support them in this.
We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites even if you access them using links from our websites and recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit.
We ensure that additional controls are in place for financial, sensitive and special categories of information, meeting regulatory and legal requirements for managing these types of information.
How long we keep your information
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity and meet any legal or regulatory requirement. This is so that we can provide the services, products or information you have requested, to administer your relationship with us, to ensure we don’t communicate with you if you’ve asked us not to and to comply with the law.
You have the right to object to your data being processed by us and can do so by contacting our Customer Care Team at Puzzle Digest, First Floor, 4 Pickersgill Court, Quay West, Sunderland, SR5 2AQ, by email at email@example.com or by phone on 0333 202 0651 (10am-4pm, Monday to Thursday, excluding Bank Holidays).
You can request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like to do so, please send a description of the information of the information you would like as well as approved proof of identity to the Customer Care Team at Puzzle Digest, First Floor, 4 Pickersgill Court, Quay West, Sunderland, SR5 2AQ.
How to change the way we contact you
We always want you to be happy with the communication you receive from us. If you want to change how you hear from us, or update your details, simply get in touch with our Customer Care Team. You can call them on 0333 202 0651 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (10am-4pm, Monday to Thursday, excluding Bank Holidays).
You can also change the way we contact you in the following ways
- Using the unsubscribe link in an email.
- Following opt-out instructions on a letter sent from us.
- Following the instructions in an SMS message from us to opt out of future messages.
- Speak to an operator during a telephone call and ask to be removed from our dialling list.
- Where you tell us that no longer want to hear from us for marketing purposes, please be aware that we may still contact you for administration purposes such as confirming your name and address details are correct in a draw entry made by yourself, or providing you with information you’ve requested or in helping resolve a query.
What if I’m under 18?
All of our prize draws and products are strictly available to people over the age of 18. If you are under 18 and have received contact from ourselves in any form, please contact the Customer Care Team and we will remove all of your details from our system straight away.
Changes to this policy
This information was last updated in November 2020. From time to time, we may make changes to the information on this page so you may wish to check back from time to time. The amended information will apply from the date it is posted on the site and will govern the way in which we collect and use personal information from then on.
© Puzzle Digest